Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Cold but sunny

Now we learn that as the Sydney siege was in progress, in Belgium another hostage case occurred but very quickly resolved. And today over 100 children were killed by the Taliban in a Pakistan school. One thing I know ... the world has no will, neither political, religious nor moral, to end this madness.

A baby pilgrim gets dandled
by Sr. Hyacinta
Back here we have no violence, thanks to the cold weather. At 1.30 pm it was 13 degrees. And the nights get very much colder. But the sun is bright and shiny ... and we've seen an influx of pre-Christmas tourists and pilgrims. Quite a lot actually. The mornings are simply packed at our place. But as the evening approaches and the sun sets by 3.30 pm, the streets become empty again as everyone rushes home to stay warm indoors. Most of the groups are asians and slavs but we had 2 groups of american students today. Then there are the small family groups and individuals.

Healthwise nothing has changed much. Let's see if I can pull through this week. Christmas for me is going to be hectic as I have major renovations to do in the library ... and looks like I'll be doing it alone.