 |
| Moon setting on a pastel sky |
Nakba Day - Thursday - passed without major clashes. In fact it was totally unexpected even when 2 arab youths were killed by Israeli soldiers in Ramallah. Damascus Gate saw some scuffles after noonday prayers but then everything calmed down and life went on as usual. This year I decided to stay out of trouble by staying out of Jerusalem. Last year I was shot by a water-canon. This year I had an appointment with my doctor 70 km away. As usual I had to wake up at 3.30am to finish my chores before I could get transport to leave for Ramat Gan at 5am. Wanted to arrive early because the last time, someone came earlier and took my slot and I had to wait till 8am to see my doc. Heading West, the full moon was setting in front with an incredible pastel sky as background.
 |
| Sunrise on my espresso |
Well arrived very early ... so went to the cafe opposite and had an espresso. No sugar though as it would affect the reading of my sugar-level. Then it was to the doc's. Finished at 8.30am and decided to walk the 3km into town. Nice and quiet as shops have not yet opened. I needed this quiet time. Work has been overloading and commitments were getting out-of-hand. And the last thing I needed was tensions from Nakba Day. Went to my other community by the sea and slept from 11am to 4pm. It was the best sleep so far this year.
Got home in the evening and continued to sleep. Friday passed equally without violence. I was busy composing 35 multiple choice questions for the next day's exams. This morning had to rush up to school for the exams - 2km uphill. But the photocopy machine broke down and I needed 51 copies of 7 pages for the exams. Panic. Managed to get it done in another library. Managed to correct all the papers after the exams and officially my holiday begins once the results were handed over to the office. But knowing my luck, there's going to be more work in store somewhere, somehow.