Saturday, May 3, 2014

Hot day

Saturday bazaar at
Damascus Gate
The weather has been extreme ... very hot during the day but very cold during the night. People are getting sick. It would certainly be great for the Independence Day celebrations on Tuesday. I expect lots of people will be going to the Tel Aviv beachfront where the annual fly pass and sail pass by the airforce and navy will take place. Was looking forward to seeing it myself but now I was told I have to work on Tuesday. Awful. The weather is good for weddings though. I think there was some 3 or 4 weddings in our Quarter today. That means lots of fireworks the whole night. Don't look forward to the noise.

4 days after the police chief announced that the police force will get tough on jewish extremist attacks on arabs and christians, today more vandalism was perpetrated. Can the police chief be serious?  http://www.jpost.com/Middle-East/Vandals-use-graffiti-damage-Palestinian-olive-trees-in-suspected-price-tag-351220  Responding to US protests that Israel was not doing enough to arrest teh perpertrators, the PM said more will be done ... which is but lipservice because several of Israel's security agencies have publicly admitted that there is no desire nor will to arrest these attackers.  http://www.jpost.com/National-News/Former-Israel-Security-Agency-chief-Israel-does-not-intend-to-stop-price-tags-351225

I had to work this morning and in the afternoon I cleaned my room. Managed to sleep for a few minutes as I'm feeling so exhausted. My friend Jonathan called to say he's visiting the Old City and wanted to introduce me to his new girlfriend. We had a nice walk visiting some churches and had ice-coffee at Notre Dame before they left. Anyway it's back to sleep for me ... I get tired so easily under this weather and my workload and the fact that I'm not eating enough.