 |
| Ilie's Graduation dinner |
Much as I hate it, I'm on prednesone. It's my last ditch to keep under control the asthma. Starting with 30mg and weaning down in 10-12 days. I hate the side-effects ... if I don't wean off properly, it makes me suicidal. I just hate everything about it but I have no choice. I'm practically dying of a slow suffocation here.
And the fever is not letting up. Doc said too late for Tamiflu; why didn't I get my flu shot last year? Well I didn't think I needed a shot as it cost alot and the serum was limited in supply. Also found out my Tamiflu expired 3 months ago. Doc said not to buy another box as it's useless now ... wait till next winter.
 |
| Kubbeh, sfiha and feta |
Despite my awful sickness, I managed to crawl to Calvary and celebrate a Mass for Elizabeth's mother who died last week. Elizabeth is one of our volunteers in the library. Also managed to crawl to Ilie's Graduation Dinner at Nafoura's. The food was good ... a surprise when many people had bad experiences there. There was a wide assortment of starters; from tradition mezza to armenian sfiha, kubbeh and fried feta cheese. Really good. Main dish was barbequed mixed grill. Everyone enjoyed the meal so that was a happy ending. But my head was swimming and my body aching at every joint. Needed to go straight home and sleep but the walk home made me shiver from chills and pain.
What a way to end the Year of the Snake ... leaving with a sting. And the Year of the Horse is beginning with a massive kick. Not liking it one bit.