Two explosions heard in Eilat just now. Israel thinks it's rockets fired from Sinai. Let's hope it's not another round of Sinai attacks. Back inland, attacks have stopped though. That's good news for us.
 |
| Lemon harvesting time |
Yesterday a bill was forwarded to the Knesset (Parliament) aimed at changing the existing Chief Rabbinates. Instead of a Chief Rabbi each for the Sephardi and Ashkenazi communities, there will only be one Chief Rabbi for both groups. I wonder how these two diverse and sometimes fiercely independent groups would accept that. The Chief Rabbinate practically functions as the High Priesthood without the cultic liturgical role since the Temple no longer exists. Nowadays the priestly cast is subservient to the rabbis.
My asthma attacks have been less severe. Am learning how to handle it. But have been feeling weak. Blacked out twice this morning in the library. Everyone thinks I'm not eating enough. I don't know. Thought maybe blood pressure has dropped again.
After Tu B'Shvat last Thursday, it's time for harvesting our lemons from the 3 trees. This year the trees are prolific ... have never been so fruitful in these past few years. I dug up the soil from their troughs and added lots of home-made compost. Now the branches are almost breaking because of the numerous lemons. And the fruit are very fragrant. Everyone is remarking how sweet they smell.