Yesterday was the first night of Hanukkah ... the jewish feast of lights or dedication of the Temple from the desecration done by the Syrians. Very joyous event, hanukiot in every house and shop lit.
 |
| If only life was just as beautiful |
But it was hell for me. Was rushed to the Emergency Unit in St Joseph's Hospital because I ate a biscuit made with nuts. Didn't realise it till my eyes swelled and then the tongue and throat ... couldn't breathe. Luckily my jewish security friends at the Gate saw and rushed me to hospital. It's the 2nd time in 6 months I've been admitted. The nurse rushed to put a needle in my arm but as he panicked (the doc wasn't around), he caused my blood to splurt everywhere - on his clothes, the bed, my whole arm and clothes .... I was screaming as it hurt, and all that blood slurting everywhere. Anyway he added alot of pressure to stop the blood and gave a shot of something. Then the doc came and saw it was the same allergy reaction so he ordered the 3 other shots. Made me very sleepy. He told me to sleep for a couple of hours in the EU ... which I did as I had no choice. After I woke, I insisted on going home but the doc said I can't walk straight!! So I rested (slept) for another hour. Then they called a taxi for me to bring me home. Was very very groggy but managed to find my way home.
Today all my security friends were asking if I'm ok. They're a great bunch. I've been mainly sleeping today as the medicine makes me drowsy. Must take the medicine for 14 days. Doc said my resistance is low, blood pressure is low ... so I'm in no position to be working. Now that's a laugh. Sooner or later a call will come ordering me to get back to work. That's life here.