| This morning's sunrise was great! |
Helicopters have been flying overhead since yesterday evening. Don't know why. Recently there were attacks in Damascus Gates (arabs on Jews), molotov cocktails thrown in the area of Herod's Gate, scuffles in the Suq toward the Wailing Wall .... the tension seems to be rising. And Israel's building 800 houses inside Palestine is not helping the situation.
Ah Ling at Mandarin Restaurant has been very kind. Every evening she calls me over for dinner ... she boils chicken soup with chinese herbs (gingko nuts, chinese dates and figs, wolfberries, ginseng ....). The guys there are very nice to me too and are concerned that I'm still very weak and fainting always. The arab cooks, ChaCha the filipina waitress all worry over me. They keep saying that since I have no family in Israel, then Mandarin's is my family and they'll take care of me. Problem is sometimes I'm so weak and tired (like yesterday I worked 10 hours flat) I have no energy to walk uphill 1km to Mandarin's. Anyway there's still internal swelling and once internal bleeding in the sinus/eye region ... hope it'll all be gone in a couple more weeks.