| Christmas kitsch 24/7 |
The big news around town is the UN admission of Palestine into the non-state observer status. On the ground, it doesn't mean anything. But psychologically it's a big boost to a hounded people. Lots of young people are wearing the arab headdress (khafr) or carry the Palestinian flag. Military presence was especially tight the past 2 days as Israel feared a rise in Palestinian nationalism against jews going to the Wailing Wall.
On the christian side of the City, christmas decorations are up. Shops are selling the kitschy stuff. One shop actually is opened 24/7 .... horrors!! I'm just putting up a small christmas wreath with a candle.
Healthwise I'm still nauseous and weak in the legs. I realised it could be due to hunger and exhaustion. I'm really stressed out and overworked. And I'm eating just a little because I'm not hungry. I only ate something because the medicine requires it. Today I was pretty giddy but still had to go out to do some chores. Really regretted it. What exhaustion .... Tomorrow begins Advent, a new liturgical year ... and I'm too tired to get started. Not ready.