A dramatic twist of soap-opera proportions in the Israeli punishment of Palestine; it's now revealed that the building of 4000 houses in E1, the confiscation of $120 million and other punitive measures against Palestine for it's successful bid in the UN, is actually a punishment against America, an open outright slap in the face of Obama. The poor pawn happened to be Palestine. America is reportedly furious but still is playing it's Hollywood part of the smiling handmaid of Israel and "nothing is wrong".
http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/u-s-angered-by-claim-that-new-building-at-e-1-aimed-at-obama-not-palestinians.premium-1.482197
 |
Burbara cooked this
morning |
The rains have come - hard and heavy. The winds were also strong. Much as I didn't want to, I was caught in the storm while on my way home from school. Luckily this time I had a plastic poncho so I was quite dry. Right now the rains have trickled to heavy drizzling. But I think it'll pick up again tonight.
And today is St Barbara's feastday. Locals make and eat the traditional "burbara" today - a very sweet mix of boiled barley, nuts, candies, pomegranates, anise .... It should be a festive time for children throughout Lebanon and Syria (Barbara was born in Lebanon) who go trick and treating in costumes because Barbara was constantly in disguise to escape the Roman soldiers. But with the dreadful war in Syria, we can only hope the children have enough food and shelter from this winter. St Barbara pray for them.