 |
| El Wad street in the storm |
The rainstorm came. It was a welcome rain but not when I get caught in it. Very heavy winds and cold. The nights are 8 degrees and the days are 13 degrees. The canaries are now in 3 small cages kept warm in the school corridor. I had a meeting yesterday evening and was almost all wet when I got there and back. Then the whole night I had a fever again ... and a splitting headache right up till now. What's with this headache thing? Somehow everyone seems to be getting it. Must be some chemicals in the air released during the previous week's war that the rains have precipitated. Everyone is getting this dizzy feeling with migraine like pain in the head. We need a sleuth to find out what's behind this mysterious sickness.
Meantime another type of storm is also brewing big time - political. The govt is bulldozing ahead with the building of 4000 houses in occupied Palestinian land despite several countries protesting. The Housing Planning Council met this morning to decide which areas should be built up first. Nothing will or can stop Israel. But in the streets, there's little reaction. People just want to continue making a living and feeding the family. So long as it's not their house or land, there's barely an eyelid batted.