| Safra Square at sunset |
Despite the heat, lots of asian groups are coming. It's after the Easter/Pesach season so prices are cheaper. There's this usual lull until the summer holidays begin and prices hike again.
| Damascus Gate last night |
Last night there was another demonstration at Damascus Gate ... it's a weekly thing. But always peaceful. So far it has been support for the Syrian people against Assad - nothing to do with local politics, so the police presence was minimal.
My elbow still hurts to high heaven - can hardly sleep. Add my nightly attacks of asthma and you have a concoction to blow your brains apart. Actually I'm terribly terribly stressed as I'm trying to finish my reading and writing .... pushing myself to the limits. The heat is on as all the other students have submitted their papers and I'm still lagging behind. Well I don't want to be sick by all this pressure, but I can't lag behind either. My stomach cramps are a daily thing and the diarrhea hasn't gone away. Luckily these few days some of my friends - unlikely ones - showed up to give support. They're terrific guys - very concerned and follow up on me everyday to make sure I'm ok. Otherwise I'd crack up under the heat of the pressure.