Suffered from a severe bout of nausea and diarrhea yesterday. Was really sick. Had a plate of rice with a piece of fish ... and everything came right out. I must stop eating ... because then I'll not suffer from that. But its Christmas and food goodies are everywhere.
It's forecast to rain heavily today ... and the day began with dark grey skies and a very very cold wind. But by 10am the skies cleared and it's bright and sunny ... with still the very cold wind blowing. I was struck by the beautiful spikes of aloe in the garden of the Notre Dame Centre. In the cold, it made me think immediately of flames of fire. It was very nice. Christmas ought to be like that - a little warmth and light in a very cold world.
Groups upon groups are walking to Bethlehem right now. The main road is packed with people walking towards the site of the Incarnation. It's a good 11 kms away and will take several hours ... and the security checkpoint will be one long queue ... but that all adds to the festivity. Right now I think the procession from Rachel's Tomb to the Basilica in Bethlehem will start ... cavalry accompanying the Patriarch and Custos. Very solemn procession and very impressive. But like I said, this year I'll be staying in Jerusalem and maybe Jaffa serving the congregations. No Bethlehem ... which is just as well if it starts raining tonight. They say it'll be 4 degrees tonight. The Ministry thinks some 90,000 people will be gathering in Bethlehem tonight. http://www.haaretz.com/news/national/thousands-gather-in-bethlehem-ahead-of-christmas-eve-1.403314
Merry Christmas to all; thanks for all your support and prayers this year. May Mary and the holy Child bless you and your family this Christmas.