| Giant sukka in Municipality Square |
On Saturday morning the jewish priests went to the Wailing Wall to give the Priestly Blessing - an event that takes place twice a year (Passover and Sukkot). I heard thousands of people went there but I couldn't because I had classes.
| Mini sukka for 4 people |
Sunday was quiet. Nice change. Bumped into lots of friends though when I went for a walk with Praveen. He wanted to know where the Convent of the Sisters of Ivrea was, so I brought him there to see it. On the way met lots of friends - arabs who owned shops etc... We also did abit of shopping at Salahaddin Street. He got some toiletries and cups while I got my elbow-guard (I have tennis elbow even though I don't play tennis). And we both got nice bamboo place-mats.
| Inside the sukka of Luigi's Restaurant |
So who else did I meet? There was Ihab whom I met twice walking pass his stationary store: he's another gym bud but though arab he was born and brought up in America, speaks with a southern drawl. Also met Mohanad in his jeans store; bought a nice shirt for 40 shekels but had to shorten it at Abu Muhammed's tailory which is next to Mohanad's cousin's store that sells muslim women's veils; that's where I got Mabel's nice veil!!! Also met Mohanad's brother Achmed who goes to China 4 times a year to get clothes for their store. Met Abu Peter going up Damascus Gate. Met several times another gym bud who owns a Drama Theatre for therapy with disturbed children. Can't remember his name. Met Mr. Serious (can't remember his name), a friend of Ihab. He gets his name because he's very serious when working out in the gym ... no smiles or hi. Anyway there was no shortage of people this weekend ... which is a nice way to start the New Year and Sukkot.