Another Friday of tension. Hundreds of Palestinians clashed with Israeli soldiers at various cities in the Territories. http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/hundreds-of-palestinians-clash-with-israeli-forces-in-west-bank-1.392511 As the Jewish Sabbath sets in, military presence is intensified in the Old City.
And as the Sabbath approaches, another internal problem begins to boil ... the Tent protests of summer, though folded up, is calling for a countrywide protest tomorrow evening to show the govt. that it is not quite dead. http://www.haaretz.com/weekend/week-s-end/social-protest-leader-tells-haaretz-israelis-won-t-accept-the-status-quo-1.392428
I find it all too much. So I spent most of my time trying to rest, what with the cramps and diarrhea. The nights are terribly cold - 11 degrees, so I can't sleep because the sudden chill is quite jarring. Last night I had the heater on ... yes, it is time for the heater to come out. Actually it's my faithful "hot air fan" that I've been using for the past 6 years.
Had a terrible craving for chocs last night as well ... went out to Abu George's provision shop and got myself 4 bars of snickers. Ate them all. My sugar level must be sky high today. Oh well, I need to treat myself once in a while ... will walk 4 km to burn off the sugar after that.