Saturday, February 5, 2011

CNY 3rd Day

3rd day into the New Year. The sky is dark and it is very cold. Yesterday it drizzled the whole day and I got sick again because I had to go celebrate Mass at the Sisters of Ivrea a km. out in East Jerusalem. Got all wet and shivering from the intense cold despite pullovers, jackets and raincoats. And the street had no lights - terribly frightening. Got a fever so went to bed early with no dinner.

The situation in Egypt is sheer anarchy. I think it's foolish to call for Mubarak to leave immediately - it's a gut reaction based purely on emotions and not reality. As it is we already saw sparks of civil war which will become full scale when there is a power vacuum. The country is rolling downhill real quickly ... and I pity the Christians because whatever regime comes to power, they'll bear the brunt of the blame.


One good news though - my friend Diana is finally married. She is Mrs. Kattan now ... not that it makes a big difference because she was Ms. Kattan before. She looks so pretty in the photo taken at the wedding banquet.