Friday, February 11, 2011

Anemones

So Mubarak is gone ... now begins the greater persecution of Christians in Egypt. Right now I'm watching BBC and there's a muslim holding an open Koran professing loudly in front of the TV camera. It says everything that I fear. And now BBC is interviewing a "popular muslim preacher". Will the next domino be Yemen or Syria or Jordan? There was alot of jubilation here in our Muslim Quarter, and suddenly Israeli soldiers showed up in large groups at strategic corners. It's the start of the Jewish Passover and many Jews were passing by the street to get to the Wailing Wall, cutting right across the Muslim Quarter.

A fierce storm broke out at 3.30pm and it was very cold. I had to turn on the "hot air fan". I wonder if the Way of the Cross went ahead today despite the storm.

Here are some photos of the anemones blooming in the pots on our terrace. I planted them last autumn.

They were taken before the storm broke out. Now some have already snapped due to the strong rains. So pretty yet so delicate. Let's hope the democracy of Egypt is not like that.