Saturday, July 3, 2010

No rest day

This week's readings on the prophet Amos is really exciting. Yesterday we saw the climax of God's punishment - hunger. Not hunger for food or water but hunger from God's Word. He would no longer speak and humans would no longer hear his voice ... and they will languish. What a terrifying threat!

I've been working overtime ... and feeling so tired. Yesterday I just trudged home at 11pm and fell straight to sleep. I don't know how long I can continue with this. It's totally exhausting. But next week we have the Custodial Chapter and I'l have to work overtime again. it'll be fun though because all the delegates from Syria, Lebanon, Egypt, Cyprus, Argentina, USA will be back for a week's fraternal sharing.

Today ought to have been my off day and I was really ready for a rest. Got up late ... 6am. But was called up for a meeting at 8am. Had to rush off after cleaning the courtyard and birdcages. There was also a funeral from Bro. Joshua who died in Haifa yesterday. Got home for lunch and tried to rest in the afternoon but ... phone calls, visits etc... I gave up. Decided to clean my room instead. And Fr Vincenzo came visiting.

Healthwise my infection is clearing up. Not totally cured yet but hope it does soon. The weather is cooling off and it helps.