Monday, July 12, 2010

Kung Fu Jong

De Jong's kung fu kick has been the buzz around town this morning. So Spain won, and most people are happy (not the crowd in orange T-shirts I met last night near Damascus Gate). Last night I was out for dinner with an old classmate. He had a major operation - had his spine fixed with metal rods. Poor chap was in bed for 4 months, unable to walk. So it was good to see him again - walking slowly. We chatted alot over dinner.

Jerusalem is still full of events; demonstrations in several places, including our street this evening when Jewish students marched and sang and shouted slogans. I was warned in the street to stay indoors otherwise I'll be spat at. Muslim shopkeepers closed their stores earlier to avoid trouble too.

Anyway I'm easily exhausted and need rest. The sisters at the office are very nice and cook something for me everyday for lunch (was living on diabetic biscuits for the past month). It's usually fish and veg, and they do it very well. It gives me the energy to work through the rest of the afternoon.

And the "Rise" people, thx for the air purifier. it's coming in handy these few nights.