Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Work work work

Yesterday was a pretty hectic day after recovering from the trip to the hospital in Nazareth. Had to go meet the Custos for some work he wanted done, then rushed off to Terra Santa College to finish off some other work .... finished at 5.30pm and I was so tired. Had to walk home (2km) in the heat, and as usual my left ankle began playing up. Had to finish the Custos' work in the night.

This morning was another hectic one - had a meeting with the custos but couldn't make it on time as the engineers came to do my phone line. When they finished, it was already 11am and I literally had to run uphill to St. Saviour's for the meeting with the Custos. Rushed back for lunch and cancelled another work session at TS College (unfinished work from yesterday) because I had lessons at 2.30pm. Wow ... like I'm so tired now... But I'll have to feed the canaries and cat and tortoises and water the plants - Fr Giovanni is not home to do it so I'll have to take over.

Haven't studied a bit these two days. Tomorrow I'll have to go see our doctor with the results from the Nazareth hospital. I've been noticing how so many other locals are walking in the aweful heat, some I know going to do their second job as salaries here are really poor. It's so tough to keep a house and home here.

The readings for Mass has moved to the Book of Exodus ... today was the burning bush. EDver thought where your burning bush is - the place where God appears to you? Remember Moses was shepherding his sheep when he saw the burning bush ... in the midst of his work. Experience God in daily life, in daily work.