Thursday, July 2, 2009

Quiet at last

So what's going wrong? Everyone here seems to think today is July 1st ..... I got so confused I began to believe if it really is July 1st. Had to check it out just to make sure!

Anyway the professor who's the director of my research fainted a day before I got home. Received an email telling me to come home quick. He came out of our infirmary yesterday afternoon but I was dead tired and asleep so I didn't see him - just heard him closing his room door. This morning I caught up with him. He was pale and walked pretty slow. He showed me a list of things he's not allowed to eat - like it is so long, it would have been better if the docs wrote down what he COULD eat... it'd have been shorter. Anyway i noticed peas were not on the list so I thought of going out to buy some peas to cook for him. Apparently he didn't tell the kitchen to cook special food for him, so I'd better get the stuff he can eat. Lucky it's summer holidays so I have a little more time to do the cooking.

Meanwhile Canary Soap opera - all the babies of the 2nd batch died except for one. Well .... what can I say? Let nature take its course? Anyway I'm feeding them real good now - lots of veggies that they like in this hot hot weather. And lots of water. Hope all the rest will survive. The heat is almost unbearable now.

And the rest of the students are back from their excursion to Turkey. Most have left for their homelands for summer this morning. The house is pretty quiet - so said our superior this morning. It'll be a nice change - he added!