Sunday, October 28, 2007

Breakfast at last!

Just to follow up from my last blog - I went down to the kitchen and Sr. Pieta wasn't there!! Instead Sr Geronima, Nadia and Edward (our kitchen helps) were preparing lunch. I wore a tee-shirt with a very large smiley face and the words "My happy hour is spent with God". They loved it; and everyone was asking me to give it to them; and Sr Geronima asked me to give it to Sr Pieta, so maybe she'll learn how to smile.

Since it was way past breakfast, Sr. Geronima had to unlock the fridge to get me some cheese. In our monastery with 45 friars, we have strict rules about the kitchen. No one allowed to enter except the staff and sisters. All refrigerators are locked except for the cold water and fruit. Anyway I had cheese and bread for breakfast. I also took some tomatoes as Nadia was preparing the salad for lunch. Then I fed the canaries a couple of leaves of lettuce. They were very happy and couldn't stop singing. Its nice to have some birds, since I can't have Rex or Regis. I miss them very much. So you guys who go to the Studium for Sunday Mass, make it a point to stop and talk to them for me. Sr Pieta likes dogs too, but Sr. Geronimo likes horses. She's a farm-girl from Poland and says the only birds she ever kept were chickens!

OK now that my stomach isn't troubling me, I'll get to work with studies.