Sunday, July 27, 2025

"Home" again

Back at Cardiothoracic ward
Tomorrow I'm due for my first checkup with my surgeon in Hadassah Hospital. However they want a payment guarantee from my insurance company Clalit. Clalit is not giving it to me because one document from Hadassah is missing. Somehow when I was discharged, the hospital did not give it to me. I guess the chaos of the war that had started threw everyone off. 

I've been to Clalit many times these 2 weeks to see my cardiologist and family doctor as required by Hadassah. Today I went to Clalit to (again for the 3rd time) get my payment guarantee paper, to be told it won't be issued till Hadassah sends them the document. I decided to go personally to Hadassah to get it. I can't wait.

My nurse friends who cared 
for me after surgery
Walking down the corridor of Cardiothoracic ward was like coming home. I was there for a month and know every crook and cranny of the ward. Docs and nurses remembered me, calling my name, asking after my health, taking selfies, chatting. They searched the computers for my report but cannot find it. Irony of ironies - everyone in the ward remembers me but the computer doesn't. Like I didn't get my surgery done there at all. One of the docs decided to down to the main files and finally found it. The problem is each report made was made with my name transliterated into Hebrew. This resulted in 5 different versions of my name. Finally they discovered that the computer recognised only my name in English which no one thought of trying to search with.

Once the paper was printed, I rushed back to Clalit to give them the paper for the issuance of the hayvut (payment guarantee) only to be told I have to wait till afternoon or tomorrow morning. I'm utterly exhausted now running from east to south of the City. Transport was very expensive as the driver had to wait for me at both hospitals. And my body is barely coping with all this drama. Just found out in the document that I should be resting this week and not travelling out by car.