Friday, August 1, 2025

One step forward, two steps back

Missile alert
on cellphone
 Missile alarm again a couple of days back. It's frightening for some, others disregard it ....   we lost a Filipina Catholic caregiver in Rehovot when a missile hit the house she lived and  worked in. We had a Mass for her and the entire migrant community was there in spirit. Each one of us lived through the most intense period of the war, with death hovering at any moment. It could have been anyone of us.

I finally managed to have my 1st checkup with Dr. Amit, my bypass surgeon. It was difficult finding his office in Hadassah hospital, but I asked around and finally found it. Dr. Amit was pleased with my recovery though he insisted I go back to Clalit and have my swollen left leg especially the inflamed wounds where the veins were harvested, treated. It'll take another month before my sternum heals and the pain will continue for the next weeks.

Back home from the checkup, I fell while trying to sit on a chair. Hit my head and hurt my back and chest wounds. Just when I was on track on recovery, I took a few steps back. I was in bed for 2 days ... and the bump on my head is still there. More regression than progression in my recovery. Disaster.