Thursday, July 3, 2025

Thanks

I just returned from my insurance clinic Clalit. It was consultation with my insurance GP who was instrumental in getting my emergency operation done. He was very happy to see me and get shaking my hands and telling me he's very happy the bypasses were done in time.

Lots of fluids drained
from my lungs
I'm still very anaemic and cannot function. Doc is worried and is considering putting me on an iron supplement program. I cannot function normally ... too weak to even walk a dozen steps. Thank God the war is over - though missile attacks continued the past 2 days - and I don't have to rush to hide in a protected area. I just don't have the energy to do it anymore. This anaemia is a result of the loss of blood and also the accumulation of fluids in my lungs a week after surgery. It had to be drained out ... a crisis that delayed my recovery. That accounts for my poor respiration even today.

I want to thank several people who selflessly came to help me during my hospitalisation and in the middle of a war. They had to walk a couple of kilometres, take the tram and come to the Judean hills where the hospital is situated. Quite far and risky during a war.

First to the Krembo gang - a group of Cameroonian and Senegalese priests who took turns to bring food and clothes to me, wash my laundry and see to all my needs back home, including my documentation and paper work with the hospital and insurance company. Also thanks to Filipino carers Josephine, Connie and Star whose expertise in caring for old people became very useful when I was totally helpless. And of course all of you who prayed for me and helped me finance my recovery. It was war time ... the hospital could not provide pyjamas and clothes regularly. I had to buy them whenever I had no clothes, and also some food; and offer to pay the transport for all those who were helping me.