Wednesday, March 26, 2025

Outing

Out in nature
From 4 degrees the temp has shot up to 26 degrees. Last week's rain was the last for this year. We expect a year of drought now. If the hgh temp these days are anything indication, it'll be a very hot and dry year.

Last Sunday I organised a trip to the Biblical Nature reserve with some 40 religious from Jerusalem. The Spring flowers are all blooming and the fruit trees and waking up. A 2 hour walk in the fields, learning more about biblical flora and fauna, was a great experience for everyone. It got us out from the tense and stuffy atmosphere of the City. We could breathe and stretch our arms ... two hours to feel a little normal again.

Enjoying the sun and flowers
My feet and left hand were very swollen. I had difficulty walking with the group. I had to use a walking stick and luckily there were people around who helped me climb slopes and stairs and carry my bag.

The group had some activities in the Reserve as well ... pushing a millstone to crush olives, grinding hyssop for food. Then we had a picnic lunch. It was all very fun and everyone enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere. 

When we got back at 2pm, I was so exhausted I fell asleep on my office desk. A good tiredness. A good sweat. But I couldn't walk the rest of the day as my swollen feet hurt too much.