![]() |
| Damascus Gate new roundabout |
The roundabout at Damascus Gate is finally finished its makeover. For over 6 years it laid waste, demolished but nothing done to mound of earth. Cars were parked there, then it was blockaded and people threw rubbish into it. Just before the 2 days of rain last week, very quick action from the municipality workers transplanted 3 ancient olive trees there, a carpet of grass and ringed by yellow pansies. Rather nice ... all done in 3 days. And it took 6 years ... through Covid and the war.
I'm scheduled for a neurology examination to see if I have Alzheimer's or dementia. My memory loss is a bit worrying. But I think it's due to the medication. Nevertheless this appointment was scheduled 2 months ago. That's how long you have to wait.
Chap Goh Meh is over and the year begins to roll on. We don't know what the Snake year brings us ... we're only hoping for the best. Maybe the new roundabout is a good start to augur a year of peace and serenity.
