Thursday, February 27, 2025

Frost

Frost covering the grass
The weather is gradually warming up from minus one to 4 degrees now. There's still forecast for rain next week, with temp falling to 1 degree again. This winter -Spring is much colder than the previous years though little snow has fallen. We need the rain to avoid a drought year, so we're willing to bear with the cold if it brings in the rain.

The 2nd semester has begun for many schools. The library is busy again as students begin to write their term papers. It's good that they do some academic work now because once ordained, they'll never touch books again! A little training of mental discipline is good now as a foundation for their pastoral ministry in the future.

Brittle frost grass and leaves
My heart tests have shown that I've ischemia (again). Now I'm waiting for my cardiologist to recommend a plan of action. In the meantime the number of medicines I'm taking a day has risen to 23. I feel like a walking pharmacy. They make me tired and disoriented at times; unable to focus. 

When the temp was minus 1, there was a layer of frost that coated the grass and weeds in the park. From a distance it's a sheen of white. But on closer inspection, it's glistening in the sunlight. The leaves were cold and brittle but they looked very beautiful, like made of glass.