Saturday, January 18, 2025

Pho

The virus is affecting many people ... aided by the cold spell. Coughs, runny noses and fevers are the usual symptoms. General fatigue as well as brain fog. Some have been laid to bed for a week. I walk every day instead. I need my body to work normally and get my own immune system fight it. But the cold dry air has caused my nose to bleed for 2 days. 

Home made pho
Luckily the weather has warmed these past 2 days. Up to 12 degrees during the day. And our Vietnamese seminarian made authentic pho for me. It was good comfort food ... nourishing as well. t was my first time eating pho. I liked it. He made it with chicken as beef is expensive. 

Sirens sounded all over the central part of our country this morning. I was deep in my library at work and didn't hear it. And because the library walls are very thick, I do not have internet reception so the missile alert system on my phone didn't work. I guess I was well protected in the library. The walls are 2.5 feet thick and solid stones.

We'e hoping the ceasefire and release of hostages will bring some calm. We're praying very hard for this.