 |
5am ethiopic christians praying at our church wall |
The weekend has started. The sky is gray and cloudy. I had a tough night last night. Was feeling sick yesterday so I couldn't prepare my lessons for this morning. I have 7 MA level students in my class. I went to bed early. But I had to wake up at 1am to prepare the powerpoint slides. Managed to finish at 5am and then quickly rushed to my office 1km away in the cold dark streets. Luckily it's a Friday so many people were about at that time going to the mosque. Class lasted from 6am to 8am.
 |
| Skid warning sign |
Still the sun rises late and sets very early at 4.30pm and I'm not quite used to it yet. My body clock is still summer. The temp hovers between 4 degrees to 11 degrees. Trees are dropping their leaves very quickly this week. That makes the pavements very slippery because the dew falls heavily in the mornings and the leaves prevent shoes from having a good grip. I have to hold on to railings while going uphill. Finally after so many years, the Municipality has put up a slippery slope warning sign on that famous stretch where many have fallen.
I'm still feeling weak and dizzy. I'm just not feeling well at all. Very uncomfortable feeling in the chest ... a dull pain. I'll go see the doctor on Sunday. Here the weekend, everything closes.