Friday, August 16, 2024

Weekend

MC sisters receiving
donations
It's the weekend again. The weather has been much more agreeable; hot with cool breeze during the day. Many trees and especially roses are recuperating from the past severe heat but sprouting new leaves and branches. That's a good sign that there's sufficient moisture during the night to enable sprouting.

Financial woes grow among the poor who have no jobs because tourists are not coming in sufficient numbers to make a difference. There are many requests from parents asking for help to sponsor their children for the new academic year that starts in September. Families are forced to reduce their daily expenditure, so cannot even afford clothes or food, let alone electric and water bills. We've been working hard to gather donations from parishes and distributing them to the poor through the help of the MC sisters.

My memory has been pretty fogged recently. Yesterday I totally lost all consciousness of time. Didn't know what day it was or why I went to a certain office. It was terribly confusing. I noticed that this happens whenever I change medicines or when I'm stressed. I'm just afraid I may get lost in the streets when it happens. Yesterday I thought I contracted covid again: fever, sore throat, running nose, diarrhea. I took lots of lemon juice, vitamin C, panadol and sunshine all morning. In the late afternoon I left much better. Today no signs of covid ... so I guess it was "just" a cold.

I noticed that the autumn equinox falls on Sept 22 and mid-autumn festival on the 19th. That's about a month's time. The year has passed very quickly. Soon it'll be Christmas again.