 |
| 2 deep holes |
Like things couldn't get worse ... yesterday night I was bitten by our cat. She's not a house cat ... she wanders round the neighbourhood eating from garbage cans and eating birds and rats though she gets food in our house. I was feeding her and playing with her when she bit my palm very hard. 2 deep holes and lots of blood since I am taking anti-coagulants. Well she was playing with me and was biting playfully ... however she got the softest part of my hand.
This morning I had a fever which I thought must be from the post-Covid symptoms, but I got progressively giddy as the morning went on. By 9.30am I felt quite sick so I decided to go to my insurance clinic. Doc Thaer immediately gave me a tetanus jab and 2 types of antibiotics. But he reported to the Health Bureau and I must go there for another checkup and rabies injection. Apparently every animal attack here must be reported to the Health Bureau. The thing is its quite far away and I'm not well to walk there. It's about 4km away. After getting some friends to check if it's open tomorrow (only from 8-12pm as the Sabbath begins after that), I'll have to organize a taxi to bring me there as early as possible.
 |
Lining up to register at the clinic |
So practically half the day was spent lining up at the clinic and pharmacy. Then I had to rest as I tire easily. It's one disaster rolling after another. Last Friday the bank called to say someone tried a transaction of $1600 with the library's credit card. For the past 3 working days I've been busy running around the credit card company and the bank to cancel it; and the police to investigate who is behind this. Things are not as simple as in Asia where one phone call is enough. Here you must go in person for everything.