Thursday, May 2, 2024

Sick

Sunrise
Since last Sunday I've been struck by a high fever, sore throat, thick phlegm and consequently a lot of coughing. Was at my insurance clinic and doc put me on some strong meds. Made me very sleepy and listless. No energy to work or think. Brain fog. The fever was very high yesterday so this morning I went back to see the doc. Had a chest x-ray done and the result was negative so doc said it must be a very strong virus. I'm continuing my medication but I won't be working at all this week. It's draining me physically. I can't think straight.

Mounted police
Walking home has been difficult because of the virus. Because I cannot breathe properly, I have to stop 4 or 5 times to catch my breathe and not overwork my heart. Unfortunately everyone who promised me a ride home never showed up. But the streets are quiet and tranquil despite the war. There was a stabbing attack meters away form my house yesterday at lunch but I was in my office 1km away so I didn't know anything till people began sending me messages. The sky is bright and blue, the sun is up ... it gets cool in the nights. I often think I'll miss this when I die. I've spent half my life in this land, serving and sacrificing. I know it better than my own country. But there comes a day when I must leave it ... and it won't even know I existed.