Friday, May 24, 2024

At the Health Bureau

At the Health Bureau
Another eventful day as I went early to the District Health Bureau to be vaccinated for rabies. My medical insurance doctor had reported me to the bureau and I had to show up as soon as possible. The bureau is an old manor house from the Ottoman era. However it's main gates were locked and shut. I didn't know where to enter until a passing woman told me to go round the block and enter from a carpark.

Once in the carpark the security attendant - an ethiopic jew - was very helpful and allowed me to enter even though I was 15 minutes early and the offices were not yet opened. Once inside a Russian doctor led me to the reception area and told me to wait till the registrar came to open a file for me. After the registrar came, she got my information and opened a file. Then I went back to the doctor who advised me on what they must do for me ... vaccinations. Though there are no more cases of rabies in Jerusalem, it is still necessary to be vaccinated. I have to return to the bureau 5 times this month to complete this series of vaccinations. Anyway everyone was very friendly and kind. And I was the only patient.

Inside the clinic
The doctor also mentioned that I should have another vaccination ... something globin ... which costs 5000 shekels. Yes five thousand shekels. I can't afford that. The insurance company will not pay for that. And the doctor said many countries no longer require this vaccination so I can skip it. And I did.

Anyway all the vaccinations yesterday and today makes me tire and disoriented. I've been trying to rest and drink lots of water. But the headache and nausea are making rest impossible.