Monday, November 20, 2023

Cold

The Empty Tomb
The rains continue to come. At times drizzle, at times showers. The wind is strong and gusty. And cold. This morning was 11 degrees. Winter blankets and heaters are coming out of their boxes and closets. In the streets, umbrellas are everywhere ... a rare sight. Much as I didn't want to, I walked to work this morning in the drizzle in a raincoat. Just 50 m from our door it started raining heavily. I walked to the MC convent to borrow and umbrella. Walking up the stairs for 800m carrying 2 bags and an umbrella ... it was not easy. And with my heart problem ... well it was a major struggle.

Exhausted from work ... with my first class at 4am ... I'm going to hibernate. With 2 small heaters on. It's like 10 degrees right now. My only dislike is the freezing cold water in the taps tomorrow morning when I wash my face. Every winter is the same problem ... the water boilers (solar powered) don't work and we're left with freezing cold water every morning. Well I really should be grateful. In Gaza our Christians don't even have water.