Saturday, July 8, 2023

Strike

Shops on strike
Staying offline for a week has seen the viewers fall to 15. Now that's a bit more normal. Off the radar.

Well it's been an unlucky week. While everyone is on summer holidays, I'm alone doing the work of everyone else. I can't rush. I do it slowly within my health limits. But last Monday I slipped and fell at Damascus Gate .... twice. My left wrist and ankle are swollen, and my back hurts as well. I had to bandage my wrist and ankle because the doctor said it need to keep the inflamed ligaments bound in place. I also have to put anti-dolorific medicine on them. I try not to walk but the past days have been demanding and I've had to walk 5 km or more for the past 2 days. Now I'm having fainting spells.

The terrible raid and air attack on the arab refugee camp in the north ahs shocked everyone. Many people dead and injured. Roads dug up to prevent people from escaping. Shops in East Jerusalem and our neighbourhood had gone on strike for 2 days to protest the violence.

Meanwhile attacks on christians have become more violent in the past few weeks. One newspaper says if not checked by police and politicians, christian blood will be shed.