Thursday, July 13, 2023

Heat

 

Scorching heat
It is 36 degrees today. The wind is dry and harshly hot. The sun scorches the skin. It's terrible to be out today. I pity those working in the street-repairs (which is just about everywhere). They're under the dreadful heat. I hope they have enough water and shade/rest during the day. Poor children who have to help their parents work this summer are in danger of heatstroke. And hopefully this year no parent will forget locking their toddlers inside cars. Every year there are such tragedies here.

My bandage is off but my wrist and ankle still hurt. My back also hurts and I can't stand or sit for long. It'll take some time for it to heal. The fall was not too bad but the double anticoagulants are making the healing process slow. I'm just glad I did not hit my head as I fell backwards.

Endless roadworks
I wish I could start my summer vacation like everyone else. I'm feeling so tired even mentally. Each afternoon at 4.30 in the intense heat, I have to hobble 1km to celebrate Mass for a convent of old nuns. I don't mind doing it, but in this heat and my injuries, it's very trying. Each time I celebrate Mass there at the altar, I think back of the many times I was gasping for air, thinking it was asthma attacks, even sitting down for Mass ... only to find out now that they were angina attacks. I could have had a heart attack there. I've been so close to a massive heart attack at that convent but thank God I didn't. Fingers crossed today.