![]() |
| Christmas shopping |
Tensions with Jordan is rising as the Israeli PM is discussing annexing Jordanian land in the Jordan Valley. It doesn't look good. Most people think it's the PM's ploy to remain in power by creating a war. A 3rd election is due in 2 weeks and the PM will lose immunity from impeachment when he steps done or loses the election. A war is always the solution to any crisis. But with attacks from the south in Gaza and the north in Syria, that's the last thing we need ...
![]() |
| Christmas shopping |
I've decided to take a slow day today. Fatigue is catching is on me and I can't continue with the workload and pace of the past month. In the afternoon I decided to do some Christmas shopping. I visited the shop in the Old City but the prices were quite steep. So I walked to East Jerusalem to my usual Christmas shop run by a Greek Orthodox couple. It was good to see them again ... once a year. I think it's important to show support for our small and poor christian community struggling to make a living. I don't have much money to spend but even a little thing bought will be an encouragement. I bought a couple of mini-Christmas trees about 5 inches high as gifts to our indian sisters working in the kitchen.
Christmas is huge in Bethlehem ... not just religiously but economically as well. Once a year the locals get to earn some money from the boom in tourism during the festive season. There's a surge in new hotels and private B&Bs. Restaurants are also opening up everywhere. That's a good sign. The people deserve a break. https://www.ynetnews.com/article/Sy00mCpXTS?fbclid=IwAR17oSWK6gwaACApbwBwvECnyPVya-zBiGH2JcIg6Sk-rA5iCYRAP4NUr08

