Tuesday, December 10, 2019

After the rain

St. Francis courtyard in the rain
The rains have stopped but it's still very cold and everyone is enjoying this wintry weather. But reality hits home when Israel announced the army and other agencies will be holding an emergency drill in winter in the case of an earthquake and tsunami. That's the worry preoccupying the mind of the govt. And rightly so.

We've seen pictures of little children killed in Syria ... kurdish school kids whose school had been bombed by the Turkish army. It is utterly unacceptable and the world is not saying anything .... the complicity of silence especially by the american troop pullout from that region will come back to accuse them. But while time is the judge, innocent people continue to die in the meantime.  But on the happy side, we also received news and photos of the Armenian Catholic Cathedral in Aleppo (Syria) rebuilt and reconsecrated in a big ceremony. Muslim and christian leaders all came to the event. I'm so happy ... because I'm now closely associated with the Armenian Catholic community.

Jaffa Street after the rain
I've been forgetting alot of things lately. Like this morning I forgot there was a seminar that I had to attend. Luckily all my workers remembered and asked what I was doing at home when I should be at the seminar. I never ran so fast in my life these past years ... wheezing and coughing. Had only 15 minutes to get to the seminar venue. Once I reached there, I found out they changed the venue because there was an error in booking. What a day.

Pne consolation though ... as I went out to do my shopping for the week during the lunch break (it was raining during the weekend so I couldn't go shop), I passed by the Thailandi restaurant. It's a fast-food place with standard foreign food with thai sounding names. Well I know the cooks there ... 2 thai ladies ... and today they offered to cook whatever I wanted. I always ask for Pahd Krapao which is not on the menu and the cooks don't dare to cook it because the manager is around. But today the manager was out so they cooked a version of Pahd Krapao without the basil. It's really weird because the dish is all about the basil. Anyway I liked it. It's the best they could do without basil.