![]() |
| Empty Damascus Gate ... everyone eating dinner at home |
I'm quite worried, to be frank, because tomorrow I must go to Nazareth hospital for several tests and am not sure if I will be able to go out and come back if the City Gates are packed with muslim pilgrims. It's a scary thought ... or as someone said ... it's a nightmare going out.
![]() |
| All types of cherries |
The heatwave has created chaos in our fruit industry. Fruit have ripened before they reach their mature size. And those which reach maturity have all turned mushy due to the heat. So the plentiful cherries and plums are all very small and red and colourful but still dry and sour because they had no time to develop juices. What a pity. The farmers must be facing a big lost ... except those growing watermelons. Due to the heatwave, melons become sweeter. Strange but true.
On a happy note, Israeli scientists think they might have discovered a way to help victims of pancreatic cancer. https://www.timesofisrael.com/israeli-researchers-find-potential-hope-for-some-pancreatic-cancer-patients/?fbclid=IwAR13spvH4xVLRQyuOFcRGLfgFetmaeNIKh0NrCCRSBHkejfvqUFuHJLOesQ

