Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Sunset

Sunset at Musrara
Yesterday I walked 5 kms till my legs felt like jelly and my feet were swollen. Mind you the weather was very pleasant ... a cool breeze blowing all the while and the sunset was beautiful. But at my age, with my arhythmic heart ... it was grueling. Still I made it and back ... which goes to show if you think positive and push yourself, you never know your limits.

Damascus Gate lighted up
I hadn't eaten anything all day so on my way home which was already past 9.30pm I was praying that Arab Fried Chicken wasn't yet closed. It was my only chance to eat something hot and cheap at that hour. From a distance I could see the lights of the shop still on. Hurrying on my tired legs, I reached it to find a foreigner eating inside, the stairs on the upper floor was already switched off and the workers were washing up the kitchen. I went to the cashier and called out loudly. One of the guys came out and saw me ... I know all the workers there ... so we exchanged niceties. Then I asked if the kitchen was closed. He said "Yes" and then quickly changed and said "No ... it's open for you". The other guys came out from the kitchen and saw me and said "come on ... one last cook". So luckily I had some fried chicken and fries and coleslaw and bread with garlic mayonnaise. Thanks to the guys at the kitchen.

Taking photos of Damascus Gate
At Damascus Gate the Light Festival was still on. Everyone there was taking photos. Can't blame them. One thing about these festivals, it brings together israelis, arabs, tourists, people of different religions (even ultra-orthodox) ... a nice mixture which shows if people see beyond differences  they can still come together in peace.

Today I had an important report to present at our discretorium. It was pretty stressful preparing it all week ... but ti went well. Thank God. Now I have to ruch off to Tel Aviv to pick up some things a group has left behind for me.