![]() |
| The first almond blossoms |
![]() |
| Kitten on a sill |
I saw the first almond blossoms just outside the Old City ... in the abandoned lot below Notre Dame Centre. That's a sure sign Spring is coming ... the almond tree always blossoms in the last weeks of winter and the Joshua tree blossoms in the first weeks of Spring.
Not everything is so cheery though. We've had 2 "price tag" (revenge) attacks by jews on arab property south of Jerusalem. It's a frightening escalation of confrontational violence, tit-for-tat attacks which we saw as starters to an intifada. http://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/Jerusalem-hit-with-second-Price-Tag-attack-in-2-weeks-539965
So the cold will continue for the next few days. The Municipality has issued guidelines to follow in case of bad weather. That's very helpful as many foreigners and locals don't know what to do or who to contact. They also have guidelines in case of earthquakes. http://www.janglo.net/index.php?option=com_adsmanager&page=display&catid=99&tid=435596&utm_content=buffer09b3b&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer
Am already dreading having to wake up at 3am for class in 2 degree weather. I'll be frozen. Can I have a better start to the week?

