Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Probably rain

Signs of rain this morning
The sky is rosy and hazy this morning. The sun is mostly hidden. There were some drops of rain. Let's hope a heavy shower will fall on us these few days. We really need it. That will certainly stop whatever fires are still burning in the forests.

The fires have left a trail of political and religious problems more devastating than burnt property. Haifa's mixed community of jews and arabs are now suspicious of each other. Jewish politicians are calling for punishment on arabs by taking over more arab lands and building jewish settlements. Arab politicians are saying there were only a few arab arsonists involved and collective punishment is not legal. Now the latest is: rabbis are questioning if it is legal for spouses to live together if their marriage certificate is burnt. Obviously for them, marriage is a piece of paper. Other rabbis are trying to counter this but they're having difficulties to get around this rabbinic law. Poor couples ... their marriages annulled because their certificates are burnt.

Been to the doc who checked and said my shoulder is not subluxed but the rotator-cuff has inflamed ligaments/tendons, which hurt and if continues would weaken the joint and lead to subluxation. My sciatic nerve is inflamed because of the falls and a few ligaments on my hip joint are inflamed. That makes walking and sitting painful. I still have to get my diabetes and blood pressure checked. Not sure if I have time tomorrow as the doc works only for a few hours in the afternoon, and there's always a long queue. Now I'm totally scared of walking on slippery surfaces. I guess that's what most old people fear. After falling twice in a day, I have this dreadful fear of falling again. Remember a month back I fell down Damascus Gate? It's scary. People laugh when I walk slowly, holding on the railings (whenever they are) and call me old man. But better safe than sorry. I can't take anti-inflammatory meds and pain-killers because it counteracts my asthma/allergic medicines. So I'll have to live with the pain. Last night at 2am I woke up suffocating. Had to use my asthma medication immediately ... but panic set in and I couldn't find my medication as a result. I think I should put it next to my bed every night so it's within reach. Last week I had an allergic attack after eating an apple ... the sisters did not wash the apple properly and there were traces of chemicals. That was the 2nd time it happened. I'm not eating apples anymore.