Thursday, April 7, 2016

Unagi at last

my unadon
The week trudges towards the end ... it's already Thursday. The Orthodox churches are celebrating Lent now. They follow the Julian calendar and this year their Easter falls one month after ours. Which is nice. We don't have to squabble over use of the Holy Sepulcher.

I finally got round to warming up the unagi and eating it with white rice. I miss it very much. It's been almost 15 years since I last ate unadon (unagi don) which I love very much. A kind visitor had brought some frozen unagi and I had kept them in the freezer till now. It was a good moment to celebrate because something that I and the Sisters of Mother Teresa had been working on real hard finally reached its conclusion in relatively success. And also the Chinese Sisters' convent was also completed. I feel a lot less pressured and so .... time for unadon.

Climbing roses in our courtyard
The cold wet spell has passed and summer is back. Temperatures here hit 26 degrees and the evenings are 14 degrees. Nice. Feels like summer holiday time .... but there's so much work to do. The flowers though are doing very well this year. The lack of snow but sufficient rainfall this year has made the plants bloom profusely ... and last year's double snowfall had pruned off many weak branches.

Thanks to the following sponsorships of the Chinese Sisters' convent:

Monstrance    (Vincent & Glenda)
Pyx  (Margaret)
Sofa-beds  (David Lin)