Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Violent speeches

Asian limes in Jerusalem
And incredible start to the week as whirlwind affairs just kept blowing in. Israeli bombs Syria as more missiles land in the Golan. Far-right rabbis praise the jewish criminals who burnt the arab baby and father alive, and justifies attacks even on israeli police and soldiers who stop them. http://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/Far-right-rabbinical-group-pens-letter-calling-Jewish-terror-suspects-praiseworthy-413167  We see now a growing rabbinical legitimisation of violence against non-jews (meaning also jews who don't meet their standards) ... a very worrying sign that these extremists jews and rabbis are soon taking over Israeli society because the govt. and police are afraid of them. 7 arabs who threw stones at jews last week were arrested and charged ... but the killers of the arab baby and his father, or those who burnt the Church of 5 Loaves and 2 Fish a month ago have not been caught. In fact not a single suspect has been arrested and charged since the vandalism of the Last Supper Room and burning of the Latrun Monastery church doors 5 years ago.

Newly reorganised library
Police instead arrest an arab for transporting chickens, presumably, into Israel.  http://www.jpost.com/page.aspx?pageid=7&articleid=413083  There is a ruling that forbids food or livestock from being brought into Israel from arab areas like Bethlehem. I thought it might be a move to prevent diseases like MERS and SARS ... but the law includes cooked food. So now I'm not sure why.

I managed to find asian limes for sale in Jerusalem!!!! After all these years ... at the Filipino grocery store. They're seedless but the tangy juice is what I need. I've been suffering from diarrhoea and severe cramps for 4 days now. And many other people in town are also affected by this. Must be a gastro-intestinal virus. The MC sisters are also suffering from this, and so are several priests and lay people. The thought of food makes me vomit. I can only drink chocolate milk and lime juice. And that should give me the energy to finish re-organising the 40,000 books in the libraries.