Continuing to appease the electorate, the new govt. budget is giving 18,000 shekels to all 18 yr old Israelis. Presumably in a couple of years' time, these grateful 1st time voters will vote for the incumbant govt.
 |
| The 2 guys who burnt the Church |
And the 2 perpetrators who burnt the Church of 5 Loaves and 2 Fish has been charged. But this does not mean that they will be jailed or sentenced. In all likelihood, the rabbis will throw their weight on the courts and these guys will be released with community service at most. About 2 or 3 others have also been arrested but the prosecution does not know what to do with them! Anyway these extremists youths, according to the newspaper reports, claim that a good Jew must hate christians. Well if that's the case, we don't need to wait for ISIS to destroy us; here in Israel we already have enough enemies.
Anyway enough said. Everything here is political. My Israeli friends yesterday were accusing me of being leftist and pro-arab because of my uploads and posts. Sigh. Every opinion I make is judged by both sides ... it's hard to maintain friendships when politics keep getting in the way as a test of loyalty.
 |
It's so hot the few people who are out must hide in the shade of trees |
I guess this psychological pressure has been piling up in me ... and I'm feeling physically sick. I think I ate something with nuts and luckily I take an antihistamine every morning, so the reaction was less severe. Nevertheless there were asthma attacks, dizziness and bad nausea. Was thinking of going to the hospital but my legs were too queasy to walk 2 kms there. Didn't want to use the Epipen yet ... I hear it hurts. So I sat in my office and hoped it'll go away.
And to top that all up, there's a heatwave starting today that'll last one week. Extreme temp. Newspapers are calling people not to go out unnecessarily, and outdoor trails have been closed down by Park Authorities so trekkers will not die of heatstroke or thirst.