Sporadic attacks everyday of jews and arabs ... today a bomb launch near a tunnel in the Gilo suburb. There were a couple of stabbings yesterday. All these are not organised but individuals with no agenda. That makes it all the more dangerous because you cannot track them and foretell a future attack. What a summer ... talk in the streets is a coming 3rd Intifada. But let's hope not.
 |
View of the concert from the opposite hill |
The heat is still upon us. Last night as I was feeling very tired but listless, I decided to take a long walk around the New City. There was a concert at Independence Park ... but entry is by ticket which costs about US$12. The park was closed off by boarded fences every 7 metres there were guards and police patrolling. Inside the area a small crowd paid to get in while the concert started at 9pm. Israeli Rock band with nationalistic songs. Many people preferred to stand in the opposite hill and watch the concert free of charge. I was one of the them. After an hour, I decided to walk home. Was simply drained of energy in this heat ... and the amount of work done.
 |
| Monster in Israel |
Well I found a new energy drink on sale here in Jerusalem "Monster" with its trademark green "tear". Well it was very hot and I needed something not just to quench the thirst but also enough energy to boost me for the rest of the day. Saw that Monster contains ginseng extract so I gave it a try. It's expensive ... costing US$2 for the smallest can. One try is enough. It was ok ... got me going till 2pm when I could no longer continue working. Was and am so very drained and tired.
By the way, in Israel "Heinz" the company cannot sell "Tomato Ketchup" anymore because it was discovered that there was not enough tomato content for it to qualify as "ketchup". Now it's called "Tomato seasoning". Can you imagine the dinner table or restaurant where a bisyllable "ketchup" is now a 6 syllable word? I think people will soon shorten it to "TS".