![]() |
| Amazing sunset |
My left temple still hurts after yesterday's fall ... and my neck as well. Must have hit the ground pretty hard. Like cracking a coconut. The funny thing is when I blacked out, it felt so peaceful ... it felt like a very deep sleep. I was totally relaxed and the last thing I thought was ... I'm falling asleep at last. Then I felt something hitting my left side of the head but it didn't hurt. Don't know how long I was down but when I came out of it, my left temple and jaw felt very painful. The chair that I was sitting was overturned on the ground, my books and other things on my table were all over the floor. The first thing I thought of was ... what am I doing on the floor? Getting up was difficult as I was pretty giddy so I held on to the table and got onto my bed. Then I realised I blacked out. Walked half a km out to the City before a friend drove me the rest of the way to hospital. The docs saw me and immediately shouted "Asthma! Allergy!" and rushed to get my usual emergency medicines ... I had to tell them it's not allergy but pneumonia and asthma.
![]() |
| The Parkour guys at the Dome of the Rock |
Anyway am home again. Miss Bird is clucking all the time and refuses to leave me. She hangs on to my arm or shoulder and will not go anywhere else ... not even on her favourite lemon tree or a walk around the courtyard chasing the doves and sparrows. It's good to know that at least Miss Bird is next to me. My Israeli security friends were the first to call and asked if I was ok ... their intelligence network is very powerful!! They get news seconds after I walked out of the house to hospital. Then at Damascus Gate I met a former employee of mine - a brasilian journalist. She herself is suffering from cancer but she wanted to accompany me to hospital. I thanked her but said I'll be ok alone. Then there were the arab friends I met along the way ... some were already saying loudly "He's sick" before I got near them. And of course all comments on FB. So I thankful for all of them who showed their care and concern. Now I only am trying to find some time to rest ... and perhaps go out and watch the Parkour guys perform at Damascus Gate. They're fantastically good and I find it relaxing to watch their antics.

