Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Election Day

Back to Emergency Ward
Fainted this afternoon and landed badly ... on the floor instead of the carpet. Bashed my head and now it hurts .. also my neck. It was during a fit of coughing as I couldn't breathe ... the asthma and pneumonia the past 3 days was terrible. I put carpet on my floor precisely because I know I'm susceptible to fainting spells and it has cushioned many of my falls. But this afternoon I hit the spot between 2 carpets ... the left temple is red and swollen now but luckily the spectacles are not broken.

Yesterday was Election Day. Despite all the hype that Netanyahu has been PM too long, the damage he has done internally and externally ... he's back in power. Most of my Israeli friends voted Bennet, the new kid of the right block ... but I told them Bibi (Netanyahu) will be back not because Israelis want him, but because they're afraid of the uncertainties ahead ... better the devil you know than the devil you don't. Although the economy, security, foreign policy fields are all dismal ... Israelis know it can be worse ... so I was sure they'd revote him back to office. I was right. Problem is there is no outright majority so a coalition govt. is necessary. Unfortunately it doesn't look like a unity govt as the centre right refuse to join the coalition. Netanyahu is turning to the far right and ultra-orthodox jews for his new govt. Bad news for us.

On Friday we're expecting a partial solar eclipse ... ominous as the christian and jewish Passovers are just round the corner. Eclipse was one of the 10 plagues in Egypt.