 |
| Parkour in the City |
As expected, military presence was and is heavy throughout the City after the terror attack and riots in the Bab Hutta area east of my house. But the air calm and without tension ... strangely enough. The attack is another "lone wolf" type that has no links to organised terror. This is the phenomenon that we're facing in this year's violence. Because they're individual acts, they are difficult to predict and to have intelligence surveillance. However the good side is that there is no public support for it either so communal violence is less.
 |
| Incredible Parkour by the guys |
On the otherhand a group of young Parkour enthusiasts have been making headlines . They're all arab schoolboys who have been practising for years in the school gym opposite my house every Thursday and these past few months they have come out to perform in public. Amazing feats of somersaults, jumps and other Parkour ... they have drawn crowds of Jews and arabs alike, tourists and locals, watching, photographing and filming them doing their fantastic exercises. This has united the community alot. And its also good discipline for the boys as they must pray as a community before each practice and keep away from drugs, alcohol and other vices. It's a very healthy outlet for these boys who have no other place for sports and I totally support it.
 |
| Mr. Bird's egg |
I had an incredible shock ... or surprise this morning as I cleaned out Mr Bird's cage. "He" laid an egg!!! Mr. Bird is Miss Bird !!! No wonder she was so very quiet this whole week ... sitting in the sun, eating a celery stick or just sleeping, no walking around curiously or squawking. And strangely whenever I let her out, she wanted to go back into the cage. Now I know ... she laid an egg. Of course it's not fertilised and being the first time, she wasn't quite sure what to do with it. Silly bird. Now I'm thinking of getting a male parakeet for Miss Bird. Just that I'm not sure if she'll be ready to have another bird in her cage. She's become very very attached to me this week, even allowing me to take her whole body in my hand and move her around. She just wants to remain sitting on my arm or shoulder and doesn't want to leave me. I'll have to study her emotional state before making any decision.