Tensions are rising as both the Jewish Feast of Yom Kippur and the muslim feast of Eid al Adha will crossover on the same day Thursday. Police are heightening their presence ... 4 times more than previous Yom Kippurs. Other cities with mixed jewish - muslim communities are also on the alert. The problem is for the jews, Yom Kippur is a day of fasting and solemnity, a day of repentance. But the muslim feast of Al Adha is a festive celebration of song and dining of roasted lambs. If both communities cross paths ... a clash is inevitable.
http://www.haaretz.com/news/national/.premium-1.618262 Jerusalem's Al Aqsa Mosque and the adjacent Wailing Wall and the road leading to them from Damascus gate is the flashpoint. I'm sure the Way of the Cross on Friday will be cancelled as the 3rd, 4th and 5th Stations are along this same road. Unfortunately that's where I stay ... right at the angle where believers of 3 religions share the same road. I certainly hope I can move out for the weekend.
 |
| A baby Soon Hock |
Weatherwise it's very cool now and evenings require a jacket or pullover. The new bronchitis medicine is kinder to me ... no more fatigue, asthma and hallucinations. Let's see if it'll cure the bronchitis in these few days. The other day when I was at Yossi's petshop, I found a little surprise. Huddled in a corner of a tank was a very familiar fish .... a marble goby or Soon Hock as Singaporeans know them. Never expected to see them here but they're becoming popular pets because they require little attention. What will be demanding is keeping the water warm during the winter. That reminds me ... I'll have to keep Mr. Bird indoors too.